April 30, 2011

I Still Miss ..

Something’s never change, I used to think that as I get old my choices will change, I will be a different person. But then life has changed a lot, people have changed for better and worse. Sometimes I myself am not able to relate to what is happening around. Then I see that I haven’t moved on in many things, in my life...


Time is ticking, as I run to keep pace
Waking up every day at the same lane
Unsure where to move wishing
You hold my hand and show the way
But then time had left you behind long back
What am I waiting for, living in your memories?

That small little girl wearing frilled frock roaming around grandpa’s house without listening to her mom, with astonishing eyes is still a surprise for me. I wonder how she managed to roam alone in trees, wasn’t she scared of stranger, and well that girl is totally anonymous to me. How she managed to convince grandpa to make her little wood-house is still a secret. How she remembered each story told by grandpa, when I can’t even remember the last call on my mobile phone. When I look at the old and fragile person reading newspaper in the veranda, I wondered where I met this person before. I don’t know him, while my eyes searched for the one who used to eagerly wait for my visit with all the things that I like.
I know I have added more than thousand friends in my friends circle from the time I got my first friend. But there is not even a single day which goes by without thinking of him, someone I lost on the memory line by the end of school days. May be it was not just about doing homework together or playing together or going to school. Guess best friends were meant forever even in their absence. 

I don’t have a big memory of my kochu muthashan, my grandpa’s younger brother who never got married, who used to stay with my grandpa. But I do remember his big commanding voice; everyone was scared of that till he got a stroke and was bed ridden for another 2-3 months before his death.  He was very fond of me and when I went to grandpa’s place on that year’s vishu he wanted me to have lunch with him, but me being a kid, forgot about the whole thing and had lunch with my other cousins and went one playing with them. He had a stroke in the same evening and was rush to the hospital. He didn’t talk much on the way, than asking about me. I never breached a promise to anyone after that, just wish had I known that, that will be the last time I will see him.

My secret keeper, there is a reason why he got that name, he used to have this telepathic thing to know exactly what I’m thinking, let it be something good or bad, happy or sad, he knew it all. It didn’t matter whether it was about my little crush or some fight. Something he got just by listening to my voice, I thought he will be there for ever. R, V and me, quite known us three musketeers, during our last get-together, I was wondering about the busy schedules and how difficult it is getting to catch up with each other. He told me to chill, that he will be watching me. Now I know that no matter how much busy day it is I would always find time to talk to him. He will definitely be watching me, what I miss are those calls when I was sad, when I had a rough day, when I had happy news to share.

20 comments:

Suruchi said...

such a sweet post DI,
and we all miss ourselves the most just as we liked ourselves the most!

I absolutely loved the second paragraph!

very well expressed...and no matter how much we miss...we have to move on..traverse new paths and find new companions:-)

rantravereflect/ jane said...

:) comin here after long.. absolutely well written-well here do ya go whn ya wanna see someone who's gone.. i guess its difficult to answer that.. but i think they do live on in our hearts.

Vaisakhi said...

a post aftr very long time....n wat a post....simply loved it...sweet...n very well written...:)

mathew said...

very sweet post...can identify with the feeling.

M in love said...

very honest post... loved it.. ;)

Bikram said...

Jsut proves that we should be sensible and not break promises .. Lovely post I can relate to this post so much got a lot of sorry's to say but cant now its too late for that.. thats why i try not to do the same things again.

Yes we move on and meet new people But then we SHOuld never forget wat we left behind our roots .. in punjabi there is a saying

Jadon tera naviyaan ton DIL tut jayege
Chauthi de school wala Belie chete aavega
Pher nahin Labhna bikram marjana..

(when you heart is broken by the new people you meet..
4th class friend you will remember
By then it will be too late ..)
Chauthi = 4th
Bikram Marjana:- I will de dead by then..

Bikram's

Deepika Vasudeva said...

@bikram- wonderfully said...

yes devil(oops.. ;) )your post is so relatable..
i could see myself all over there...
so much happens in life... sometimes.. moving on is all we can do.

Rachit said...

Memories grow more with each passing year and yet at times we feel we haven't moved an inch away from where we were years back. :)

Amrit said...

Very emotional post. You almost made me...

Abhilash said...

nicely written and touching. I haven't had such experiences but I can imagine how it would feel to witness it.

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@Suruchi
thats soo true dear... :) u just expressed it..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@Jane
Hey good to see u after long..yz u r absoluteley right..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@Vaisakhi
:) thx a lot dear.. tc

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@Mathew
:)Thx Matt.. i do understand..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@M in love
:) thnk u..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@ Bikram
u just said it.. i guess thats life, that nomatter wt happens, the ppl we are close to will always remain in our heart..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@ Deepika
Yz at times, moving on does seem to b the only option, though difficult..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@ Rachit
Well said, may b thats why memories r so important in evertyone's life..
hey thanx for dropping by..! tc :)

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@ A
i understand, even my papa said the same.. that u got so much inside u..

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! said...

@Abhi
its better never witness.. coz there will b a certain abt of pain along with the memory..
tc :)